Showing the single result
RR Gem Engine
We probably have the largest privately owned collection of Rolls Royce Gem engines available anywhere. These engines powered the famous Lynx helicopters. We can provide engines “as removed” from service right up to a fully working turnkey solution. All engines can be seen running on our custom built test frame.
We can also custom build Gem engine stands, fuel tanks, starters and control panels and have a full range of instruments available.
Prices range from £5000 to £25,000.
The main advantages of these engines are:
- Very much self-contained with on-board oil tank
- Especially small footprint with terrific power to weight ratio (1000SHP)
- EPU – Electronic protection unit which shuts or slows the engine down in the event of problems
- Complete with free power turbine reduction gearbox (100% throttle = 6000RPM)
- Starter motor included
- Just add fuel and a control box!
- Power Output 900-1200 BHP (Depending on the Version)
- RPM: Nh= 43,400rpm Nl=37,600 rpm Npt= 27,738rpm
- LP Compressor 4 Stage Axial with Bleed Valve
- HP Compressor Centrifugal Impeller
- Air Mass Flow 7.5 Lbs/Sec
- Overall Pressure Ratio 12:1
- Combustion Chamber Reverse Flow Annular with 17 Vaporising Burners
- Compressor Turbines 1 Stage Axial each
- Power Turbine 2 Stage Axial with reduction gearbox in the nose, output shaft speed 6164 rpm ratio 4.5:1
- Starting Starter Generator
- Ignition Two Torch Igniters with High Energy Plugs
- Fuel System Gear pump with Hydro-mechanical or Electronic Fuel Controls, Electronic Protection System.
- Oil System Return System with Pressure and Scavenge pumps, Engine Mounted Tank and Oil cooler
- Weight 407 Lbs
- Applications Two in Westland Lynx Helicopter